Next Event: Oral arguments scheduled on November 8, 2012 on HTC’s motion to stay pending the outcome of International Trade Commission Investigation 337-TA-847. This case is identical to 1:12-cv-551 except for the patents asserted.
- 1:12-cv-549 (Delaware)
- 1:12-cv-553 (Delaware)
- 1:12-cv-552 (Delaware)
- 1:12-cv-551 (Delaware)
Summary: This case is in the early stages. The court is set to hear arguments on a pending motion to stay on this case, and other related cases, on November 8, 2012.
Timeline of Important Events:
- May 2, 2012 – Nokia files complaint against HTC and Exedea alleging infringement of six Nokia patents (Filing #1). Nokia seeks permanent injunction, damages, and treble damages for willful infringement.
- July 9, 2012 – HTC files Answer and Counterclaim against Nokia, Intellisync, and Navteq (Filing #9). The counterclaim requests declaratory judgments of non-infringement and invalidity.
- July 9, 2012 – HTC files motion to stay pending the outcome of International Trade Commission Investigation 337-TA-847 (Filing #11). The Motion to Stay is for this case and 1:12-cv-551 (Delaware).
- August 03, 2012 – Nokia files Answering Brief in Opposition to HTC’s Motion to Stay (Filing #20). Nokia argues that it filed three cases against HTC on May 2, 2012, and of these three, only overlaps with the concurrent litigation in the International Trade Commission (1:12-cv-549). The -550 case relates to software patents asserted by Nokia, while the -551 case relates to hardware patents.
- August 21, 2012 – HTC files Reply to Answering Brief, arguing that a stay is the only mechanisms to avoid duplicative litigation and ensure material consistencies in rulings. (Filing #23).
- September 17, 2012 – The court issues oral order to hear argument on the pending motions to stay on November 8, 2012 (Filing #26). The court will hear oral arguments for this case and 1:12-cv-551 (Delaware).
|Patents Asserted in the Complaint|
|7460953||Method of operating a navigation system using images|
|6647370||System and methods for scheduling and tracking events across multiple time zones|
|6587788||Integrated position and direction system with radio communication for …|
|6349263||Integrated position and direction system|
|5878351||Methods and apparatus for providing delayed transmission of SMS delivery …|